Quick Setup Guide
Your Advanced Foot Energizer has been designed for home users. Please refer to the contraindications and precautions information before use. This quick setup guide is part of the larger manual which you should read.
This device should not be used by women in the first trimester of pregnancy, by people with a pacemaker or other implanted medical device, or by patients with existing deep vein thrombosis.
Please note that this EMS/TENS massager does not vibrate. The massage is produced by electrical impulses which contract and release your muscles.
To Use Your Advanced Foot Energizer Immediately
Remove all parts from the box:
- Advanced Foot Energizer
- AC/DC power adapter
- Remote control
- AAA batteries for remote control
- Body pads
- Cords for body pads
Foot Pads for Foot and Leg Stimulation (“Sole”)
- First remove the Advanced Foot Energizer from its packaging and insert the batteries into the Remote Control. (You may optionally use the buttons on the unit itself.)
- Connect the DC power adapter to an electrical outlet and plug the small dc socket into the side of the unit.
- Turn the power on with either the power button on the main (press and hold briefly) or on the remote control.
- You will need bare feet to use the Advanced Foot Energizer. It is recommended that you wash your feet first if needed.
- Sit in a comfortable chair or couch. You may also find it enjoyable to have your unit under your work desk.
- Place your bare feet onto the foot shaped pads on the massager with your right foot on the right pad and your left foot on the left pad. Both feet must be on the massager in the proper position for it to work.
- Increase the intensity level for your feet by pressing the “SOLE ” repeatedly or by pressing “SOLE ” repeatedly to decrease the intensity. There are 99 intensity levels on the massage beginning with 1. Please increase the levels slowly until you begin to feel the stimulating micro-current.
Note: most users begin to feel the sensation around an intensity level of 20 to 30. Most users are comfortable using an intensity level between 50 and 70.
- It is not necessary to increase the intensity level all the way to 99, but rather find a level that is comfortable and sustainable for you.
- We recommend keeping your knees together for the best contact with the Advanced Foot Energizer and for the best electrical flow through your body.
- Use non-oily foot balm or conductive gel on your feet to help improve conductivity and stimulation.
- For directions on using body pads please see detailed operating instructions.
Do not use the Advanced Foot Energizer foot massager and electrical muscle stimulator if you are have a pacemaker; do not use on vital parts, such as carotid sinus nerves, across the chest, or across the brain; use caution in the use during pregnancy, menstruation, and other particular conditions that may be affected by muscle contractions; potential adverse effects may include skin irritations and burns. Do not use if you are being treated for, or have the symptoms of, an existing Deep Vein Thrombosis (“DVT”). Symptoms of DVT (blood clot) may include swelling and tenderness in one of your legs (usually calf); heavy ache in the affected area; warm skin in the area of the clot; redness of skin (often at the back of leg below the knee). Consult your doctor if you have signs of DVT symptoms.
Question: Why can’t I feel the foot pads vibrating?
Answer: The massage effect is produced by electrical impulses which contract and release your muscles. This machine operates silently and does not vibrate.
Question: Why can’t I feel anything on my feet?
Answer: If there is no sensation on your feet, the “SOLE ” setting may be too low. Increase the “SOLE ” level until you can feel a sensation.
Question: Why can’t I feel anything at a certain level today, when I had sensation at that level of intensity yesterday?
Answer: Each day your body may respond differently to the massage therapy. Some days you may need to either increase the “SOLE ” setting or decrease the “SOLE ” setting.
Question: Why do my legs ache after using the machine?
Answer: The massager does work your muscles with electrical stimulation. If you had it on a setting that was too high for you, or if you have used it too many times within a few days, please give your legs time to rest before using it again.
Question: Why can’t I feel any sensation even when I have the machine on a high sole setting?
Answer: You may be dehydrated or the sole of your foot may be too dry. The Advanced Foot Energizer uses an electrical stimulating current which sends tiny electrical impulses to the sole of your feet. If the sole of your foot is too dry then there will be no electrical conductivity. We recommend using a thin layer of conductive gel on the sole of your feet to increase the conductivity. Also, remember that hydration is very important to the proper functioning of electrical stimulation. Proper hydration will also help flush toxins out of your body.